Today marks our 100th blog post!!
It’s hard to believe we’ve come such a long way in just 7 months. We’re truly thankful to all of our supporters and hope you enjoy reading our blog as much as we enjoy writing it
As a token of our appreciation, we decided to share with you this delicious Tres leches coconut trifle recipe. One bite into this cake will make you forget any diet that you’re following. Enough good things cannot be said about this amazing dessert. It’s creamy yet textured, decadent yet light, and unbelievably delicious!! So much goodness in one bowl
Pastry Cream Ingredients:
– 1 cup coconut milk
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 4 egg yolks
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp coconut extract
– 4 tbsp butter
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 cup whipped cream
– 1 can sweetened condensed milk
– 1 can evaporated milk
– 2 cups coconut milk
– 2 cups whipped cream
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
Directions for Pastry Cream:
1. Combine coconut milk and heavy cream in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. In a bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add in the egg yolks one at a times and whisk thoroughly until everything is combined well. Add in coconut and vanilla extract and mix.
3. Very slowly add in the milk to egg yolks while whisking it together. Put back on stove for another 1-2 minutes. Make sure to keep whisking it.
4. Take off heat and add in the butter. Mix it well.
5. Cover it with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic is touching the top part of the cream. This prevents a skin from forming. Chill for at least 2 hours.
6. Take it out when you are ready to make the trifle. Gently fold in 1 cup of whipped cream.
Directions for Trifle:
1. Mix sugar with whipped cream. I buy heavy whipping cream and add sugar and beat it for a few minutes until it turns stiff.
2. Slice the cake and take half of it to layer the bottom of a large serving bowl.
3. Top it off with half of the pastry cream, half of the whipped cream, and half of the shredded coconut.
4. Repeat steps 1 & 2. It’s OK if it overflows a little!
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12-24 hours. Serve cold and enjoy this insanely delicious dessert!!!