It’s been a while since I did a craft. I was craving to do one. Can you crave to do a craft? Anyways, my kids needed a place to keep their headbands. Right now they are stuffed in my bathroom drawer along with my makeup . After browsing online for some ideas, I was inspired!
Now there are many variations to making this headband holder. You can use fabric, paper, and even felt. I decided to go with duct tape in a pretty design because it was the easiest thing to do. Plus, the designs were so much fun. Check out this super easy DIY headband holder that is super customizable!
48 oz. oatmeal container
Hot glue gun
Pillar candle holder
- Cover up your oatmeal container with the duct tape. The lines don’t really matter in between each layer because the headbands will cover it up. Make sure you have a 48 oz. oatmeal box and not the smaller 18 oz. I initially started making it with the 18 oz. and the headbands were not fitting.
2. Spray paint the lid of the container and the pillar candle holder.
3. While that is drying, you can decorate the oatmeal container however you want. I decided to glue a ribbon around the bottom and add a flower.
4. Once the paint is dry, hot glue gun the bottom of the oatmeal container to the pillar candle holder. Let it dry.
5. Once it’s dry, voila! Your DIY headband holder is ready!
My next project will be making something for those darn rubber bands that seem to get themselves all over the house!