I threw this recipe together because I’m trying to eat healthier, and I’m sick of spending close to $20 on a teeny tiny bowl of healthy veggies. Plus, I don’t even order it with meat because it’s not zabiha.
If I’m being completely honest, these types of salad bowls are so ridiculously easy to make at home, cost a fraction, and are WAY more tastier! Just grab a bunch of healthy, super-foods from your kitchen, toss them together with some dressing and protein, and your on your way to eating like someone who works at Goop! My older kids look at all these colors and veggies and are still hesitant to try it, but my 1 year old baby loves this stuff.
If you don’t know where to start or what to add, then follow the recipe below. Change or add anything you like!
I used this recipe for the kabab’s.
- Can of chickpeas
- Can of black beans
- 2 cups any salad greens
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup tomato
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ¼ cup of hemp seeds
- ¼ raw sunflower seed
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro (can substitute 1 bunch parsley)
- 2 cups cooked brussel sprouts
- Chopped dried mangos
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Honey mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Mix all of the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all the dressing ingredients in a closed jar and mix really well. Add dressing to salad and mix.
- Fry or bake the kababs.
- Chop the kababs up and add them on top of the salad, along with a dollop of hummus for added yumminess!
- Feel good about eating healthy!